Links to external sites
The "commercial" links are sub-divided into:
Please note: we do not endorse or recommend any of these sites. Comments about them are based solely on their claims made on their web sites, which we have not checked.
Military and flight
Politics/ Social Sciences
To avoid accumulating dead lnks, we check these entries with a 'spider' when updating the list. A bad result may only mean a temporary problem, but we'll check or remove consistent errors. Entries updated on Sunday 6 February 2005 at 12: 17.
- ABSEL: association for business simulation and experiential learning ABSEL is a professional association whose purpose is to develop and promote the use of experiential techniques and simulations in the field of business education and development. The association was organized at its first national conference in Oklahoma City in April of 1974.
- ACT-R Research Group ACT-R is a cognitive architecture: a theory for simulating and understanding human cognition.
- ASIM German Simulation Society ASIM (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Simulation) is the association for simulation in the German speaking area.
- Association for the Advancement of Modelling and Simulation Techniques in Enterprises Promote the modelling and simulation approach in the resolution of problems, including theory and applications. Scientific journals are edited by the association and meetings are organized throughout the world (2 or 3 per year) from a local support.
- Centre for Research in Social Simulation (CRESS) an multidisciplinary centre bringing together social science, computer and software engineering to use and to promote computer modelling in social science research.
- DBSS - Dutch Benelux Simulation Society organisation of simulation professionals within the Dutch language area. Problem: 400 URL missing when this link checked on 6/2/2005
- ESSA (The European Social Simulation Association) The European Social Simulation Association was formed in 2003 in order to promote the development of social simulation research, education and application in Europe. ESSA works closely with its American equivalent, NAACSOS and the Pacific Asian Association for Agent-based Approach in Economic & Social Complex Systems, PAAA.
- European Training & Simulation Association represents the European training and simulation community
- EUROSIM: Federation of European Simulation Societies The purpose of EUROSIM is to provide a European forum for regional and national simulation societies to promote the advancement of modelling and simulation in industry, research and development.
- INFORMS Simulation Society operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes: a) to encourage the development and dissemination of knowledge in the area of simulation; and b) to promote communication and interaction among individuals and organizations who share an interest in simulation.
- ISAGA - International Simulation & Gaming Association ISAGA is an international organization for scientists and practitioners developing and using simulation, gaming and related methodologies.
- MACS : International Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation mathematical modelling and scientific computation as well as its necessary attributes from applied mathematics (in particular numerical analysis)
- NAMS - The National Association of Medical Simulators a group of Doctors and Healthcare Professionals from the UK and Ireland who are interested in the training potential of patient simulators. NAMS members hold a scientific meeting combined with social gathering to discuss their progress in medical simulation training anually.
- NASAGA - North American Simulation and Gaming Association We are a growing network of professionals working on the design, implementation, and evaluation of games and simulations to improve learning results in all types of organizations. Started in North America, NASAGA has members from more than 50 countries from around the globe. NASAGA's primary mission is to facilitate the use of simulations and games and to spread the principles and procedures of interactive, experiential approaches to education, training, management, problem solving and decision making.
- OR Society Founded over 50 years ago in succession to the Operational Research Club which was set up in 1948, the OR Society (ORS) is the world's oldest-established learned society catering to the Operational Research (OR) profession, and one of the largest in the world, with 3000 members in 53 countries. Fostering higher standards in OR by providing the world's most extensive training programme in OR.
- OzSAGA OzSAGA Australian Simulations and Games Association, was founded by a group of adult educators in Sydney. This group of people have been active in the design and use of Simulation and Games since 1970. The objective of OzSAGA is to improve the understanding of the contribution to learning that is made by these forms of experiential learning. In addition, the aim of the association is to promote development, application and study of simulation and gaming, in all aspects, throughout Australia and around the world.
- SAGSET The Society for the Advancement of Games and Simulations in Education and Training a voluntary professional society dedicated to improving the effectiveness and quality of learning through the use of interactive learning, role-play, simulation and gaming.
- SIGSIM: the ACM (Assoc for Computing Machinery) Special Interest Group on Simulation. Its mission is to promote and disseminate the advancement of the state-of-the-art in simulation and modeling.
- SIMS - Scandinavian Simulation Society The Society exists to further the science and practice of modeling and simulation in all application areas, be a Scandinavian forum for information interchange among modeling and simulation professionals and non-professionals in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden, be a channel for information exchange between the Scandinavian modeling and simulation community and the international modeling and simulation communities.
- Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO) The Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO) originated over ten years ago with a small conference held April 26 and 27, 1989, called, Interactive Networked Simulation for Training. The conferences soon developed into the Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) Workshops and were now focused on creating standards based on the major project SIMNET which was established as the baseline standard from which to move forward.
- Simweb SimWeb (IST-2001-34651) is a 3-year project co-funded by the 5th Framework Programme of the European Community - managed by the European Commission - and forms part of the Information Society Technologies (IST) activities.
Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and the Simulation of Behaviour (SSAISB) The Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and the Simulation of Behaviour (SSAISB) is the largest Artificial Intelligence Society in the United Kingdom. The society has an international membership drawn from both academia and industry.
- Swiss Austrian German Simulation And Gaming Association (SAGSAGA) eine Vereinigung von Planspielexperten aus Deutschland, Österreich und Schweiz, die 2001 gegründet wurde, um die Planspielmethode zu verbreiten. In der SAGSAGA arbeiten Wissenschaftler, Lehrer, Berater und Trainer Hand in Hand an der Entwicklung neuer ktivierender Trainingselemente und Lernprogramme zu aktuellen Themen in Aus- und Weiterbildung, Personal- und Organisationsentwicklung und des Managements. Das reicht methodisch von Plan- und Rollenspielen mit und ohne Computerunterstützung, bis zu den neuesten Formen des Event Learnings. Ziel der SAGSAGA ist die Förderung von erfahrungsorientierten Lehr- und Lernformen, die zur Simulation von Prozessen (u.a. wirtschaftliche, technische und soziale Prozesse) und zur Entwicklung von Systemkompetenz in unterschiedlichen Lebensbereichen beitragen.
- The Society for Modelling and Simulation International The international, multidisciplinary forum dedicated to applications, development, education and research in modeling and simulation.
- Thai Simulation and Gaming Association conference: ThaiSim 2011 - 24-26 March, 2011 - Thailand
- UCF Institute for Simulation and Training (IST) IST provides simulation and training expertise, information, and education for government, industry, and academia. As a university institute, IST also serves as a DoD non-profit contractor.
- UKSim offers support to all aspects of simulation work, publishes papers on simulation. Members of the UKSim are found in every sort of simulation work, including simulators in the aircraft, marine, and other training field, engineering simulation in aerospace, automotive, and other industries, factory and manufacturing simulation in the Operational Research tradition, fundamental work on methodologies for continuous, discrete, and hybrid approaches, application of novel approaches such as Artificial Intelligence and Graphical Interfaces.
- Simulation Dynamics, Inc. simulation and optimization technologies for supply chains.
- AEgis Simulation Technologies, Inc. AEgis specializes in M&S solutions in the following areas: Simulation Based Business Practice - SeBA, SBA, SMARRT; Simulation and Software Development; Simulation Integration - HLA/DIS technologies; Simulation Studies and Analysis, Training Simulator Development; Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VV&A)
- EconSim Economics Simulation
- Flexsim Simulation Software PC-based simulation software application for modeling, simulation, and visualization of manufacturing, material handling, logistics, administration, or similar processes.
- Hall Marketing Computer Business Simulations and Experiential Exercises for Management Development and Business Training.
- Imagine That Business simulations
- Management Simulations, Inc Corporate business training using simulations.
- ManSims Management Simulations
- National Budget Simulation The National Budget Simulation, originally a project of UC-Berkeley's Center for Community Economic Research, is now hosted at NathanNewman.org. It was created by Nathan Newman and Anders Schneiderman.
- IBPSA (the International Building Performance Simulation Association a non-profit international society of building performance simulation researchers, developers and practitioners, dedicated to improving the built environment.
- ProModel Simulation and consulting company, providing business process improvement tools and decision support capability for manufacturing, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- VisSim (Visual Solutions, Incorporated) simulation and embedded system design software for the modeling and simulation of complex nonlinear dynamic systems
- 4C Strategies services and software solutions in the areas of scenario planning, training and exercises.
Military and flight
- afams The US Air Force established the Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) in June 1996. Its mission is to coordinate the growing requirement for modeling and simulation across the Air Force. Problem: 500 Can't connect to www.afams.af.mil:80 (Bad hostname 'www.afams.af.mil') when this link checked on 6/2/2005
- AMS Simulation and synthetic environments
- Arotec/ FAAC Simualtion Training and Consulting dividion includes: IES Interactive Training (develops and manufactures simulators and training courses for police and law enforcement agencies, located in Denver, Colorado) and FAAC Incorporated (develops and manufactures simulators and trainers for Air Combat Training and truck driving, located in Ann Arbor, Michigan).
- BAE Systems Military and aerospace simulations
- CAE simulation technologies.
- Camber Corporation engineering simulations, distributed simulation.
- C-ITS AB simulators for military and civilian applications.
- COEL laser devices which are used in laser simulated combat training all around Europe.
- Concurrent Computer Corporation platform to simulate aerospace and defense missions
- CueSim Civil aircraft training systems (rotary and fixed wing), Defence (both UK and Overseas), Research and teaching training systems, Driver trainers, Entertainment simulation.
- DiSTI Distributed Simulation Training Courses and Interactive Visual Applications for simulation and training.
- EADS Military and aerospace simulations
- Electrónica, Mecánica Y Control. S.A. Flight simulators
- Evans & Sutherland Evans & Sutherland produces hardware and software to create highly realistic visual images for simulation, training, engineering, and other applications throughout the world
- FATS Inc training systems for military, law enforcement and commercial customers.
- FCS Control Systems Aerospace, Automotive and Virtual Reality flight and vehicle simulation equipment, structural test systems and haptic devices.
- INOVEX Computer Aided Instruction Systems, Live & Virtual Simulation Systems and Synthetic Environments Problem: 404 Not Found when this link checked on 6/2/2005
- Lockheed Martin provider of modeling, simulation and mission rehearsal tools for military and civilian applications
- Marine Corps Systems Command Program Manager for Training Systems(PM TRASYS) Responsible for the research, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, fielding, integrated logistics support and total life cycle management of ground training systems for the US Marine Corps.
- MRC Simulatorentechnologie GmbH Für die Fertigung und Ausstattung von Simulatoren liefert MRC Einzelkomponenten sowie auch komplette Grundkonstruktionen.
- NATO Modelling and Simulation Group (NMSG) The mission of the NATO Modelling and Simulation (M&S) Group (NMSG) is to promote co-operation among Alliance bodies, NATO Member Nations and PfP Nations to maximise the effective utilisation of M&S according to the NATO M&S Action Plan. Primary mission areas include M&S standardisation, education, and associated science and technology. Additionally, the Group will provide M&S expertise in support of the tasks and projects within the RTB and from other NATO organisations.
- Naval Air Systems Command Training Systems Division (NAVAIR TSD) US Navy's primary training system R&D, acquisition, and sustainment organization.
- NSC simulation and training software systems
- Oerlikon Contraves AG Simulators and training systems
- Pennant International Group plc specialising in Computer Based Training and Simulation Systems.
- Primary Image provider of simulator technology for training applications.
- Program Executive Office - Simulation, Training, and Instrumentation Command (PEO-STRI) US Army's primary organization for R&D, acquisition, and sustainment of simulation, training, and instrumentation systems Problem: 500 Can't connect to stricom.army.mil:80 (Bad hostname 'stricom.army.mil') when this link checked on 6/2/2005
- Quadrant Systems flight simulation for civil and military customers in the UK and worldwide.
- Quantum3d developer and manufacturer of interactive, open-architecture visual computing solutions, image generators, and embedded graphics subsystems.
- Rheinmetall Defence Electronics GmbH Training systems and simulators for navy, army and air force
- RUAG supplies and integrates complex weapon, command & control and simulation systems for Swiss and other countries' armed forces and the international authorities market
- SEOS display systems for a variety of simulation requirements including full flight simulators. Visualization of environments in virtual space.
- Thales products and services cover civil aviation, military, energy and driving simulation; training systems in service with over 40 airlines and most of the world's major armed forces.
- TNO Military and aerospace modelling & simulation
- Virtual Technology Corporation (VTC) provider of distributed simulation products and services to government and industry.
Politics/ Social Sciences
- Stanford Prison Experiment information about this classic psychology experiment. What happens when you put good people in an evil place? Does humanity win over evil, or does evil triumph? These are some of the questions posed in this dramatic simulation of prison life conducted in the summer of 1971 at Stanford University.
Visualisation and other tools
- 3D perception supplies the simulation and entertainment industries with projection, and projection related equipment.
- Barco NV display and visualization solutions for simulation and virtual reality,
- Bionatics 3D plant modeling technology
- Computer Graphics Systems Development (CGSD) Corporation Products and systems for virtual reality and simulators
- Cybercity generation, management, editing and visualization of 3D City and Facility Models.
- eNGENU!TY high-end visualization and simulation technology
- EST - engineering systems technologies data gloves, head up displays, etc.
- FlashSim a technical community resource for information and discussion centered on device simulation in Macromedia Flash.
- MÄK Technologies software to link, simulate and visualize the virtual world; tools and toolkits for distributed simulations; PC-based military tactical trainers, commercial-off-the-shelf simulation tools.
- processmodel inc computer systems to model business process improvement.
- Simul8 Corporation simulation software for business processes
- Viewtec AG Software Solutions for Virtual Reality, 3D Real-Time Visual Simulation and Scientific Visualization.
- CAT (Civil Aviation Training) magazine
- JASSS (Journal of Artifical Societies and Social Simulation An inter-disciplinary journal for the exploration and understanding of social processes by means of computer simulation
- Journal of System Simulation a scientific journal jointly sponsored by the Chinese Association for System Simu1ation (CASS), and relevant colleges of leading universities in China, and is also a publication of the CASS. It presents peer-referred papers with English contents and abstracts. In cooperation with the leading societies in the world as EUROSIM, IMACS, JSST, KSS and SCSI, the CASS has been sponsoring four international conferences in Beijing on system simulation and scientific computing. This kind of conference will be held every four years in the future.
- MS&T (Military Simulation & Training) provides its readers with details on how training and simulation are being handled by the world’s armed forces. Published six times a year
- MS&T (Military Simulation & Training) magazine
- Simulation & Gaming: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Theory, Practice and Research. Editor: David Crookall
- Training & Simulation Journal a bimonthly periodical that provides information on the latest trends, products, and opportunities in the global military training and simulation market. The publication provides a forum for leaders in the field of training and simulation to exchange information on emerging issues, new technologies, and new products.
- National Center for Simulation As a forum, showcase, advocate and archive for simulation, training, and modeling knowledge and resources, in the USA
- Frugal's World of Simulations Mark founded Frugal's World of Simulations out of a love of Flight Sims and a desire to give back something to a community that has given hm many years of pleasure and many friends. He has been flying sims since the early 80's starting with Fighter Pilot on the Spectrum.
- Water Simulation Packages (WSP) site about water simulation packages.
- Halldale Directories A web 'portal' for the simulation industry. 'Channels' include Airline, Defense, Distance Learning, Emergency Services/Law Enforcement, - Industrial, Medical, Road, Rail and Maritime Transport, Simulation Technologies, Government, Publisher, Trade Associations, Universities/Academia
- Simportal "A new website for simulation news and discussion".